Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Yummy Low-Sodium Chili!


I have recently discovered a new favorite to add to my recipe box. It hits a five-star on my "good weeknight meal plan" rating. It does involve a package of seasoning, so if you are anti-seasoning than this recipe isn't for you. If, however, you want something easy, inexpensive, healthy, and delicious...this is a must try!

The Recipe:
1 Package McCormick 30% Less Sodium Chili
1.5 lbs. Ground Beef
2 Cans Pinto Beans (drained & rinsed)
1 Can No-Sodium-Added Diced Tomatoes
(Optional shredded cheese, sour cream, & onions for the topping)

Step 1: Brown beef, drain excess grease
Step 2: Transfer beef to a pot, add the McCormick seasoning, stir thoroughly
Step 3: Add beans, tomatoes, & a can of water
Step 4: Bring to a boil, then put a lid on and let simmer at least 20 minutes, up to two hours (stirring occasionally)
Step 5: Serve it up and add cheese and sour cream or (my personal favorite) put some over a baked potato. Have with a salad. Dinner is served!

(This recipe feeds about four people. I double the batch so we can have leftovers!)

1 comment:

I would love to hear from you!