|Throwback pic: Trying on awkward hats.|
Little ways we have had fun together this month:
- Went on a date...perused a bookstore and had dinner together at a fun restaurant neither of us had tried.
- Played card games together during a weekend nap time when the little one was down and we were both home.
- Played "The Question Game" (I had a jar of questions I wrote out and we took them out one by one and talked about how we might respond to each.)
- Instant messaged each other flirty messages on Facebook.
- Watched a Tim Hawkins stand-up comedy video we both enjoy.
- Smiled at each other and laughed at each other's jokes.
- Spent time talking about life, dreams, and rambling thoughts. (I am learning to take advantage of the times my husband wants to engage in conversation, and if at all possible I avoid multitasking when we do, so that I can really enjoy the connection.)
- Played together with our little one. It is easy to use the time our baby girl is playing with daddy to get things done, but sometimes it is more important for me to join in and spend "family time" together...laughing with him at her antics and enjoying the parenting experience together.
- Kept up goofy habits. My husband and I will do silly things like swipe each other with our toothbrushes when we are brushing our teeth or smack each other on the rear as we walk by. They aren't daily, but silly ways to flirt and acknowledge one another's presence bring a smile.
- Tease (in fun). Both my husband and I enjoy kind-hearted sarcasm, and we know how not to take it too far with each other. A little ribbing from him over the fact that my anniversary card to him was two-weeks late made me laugh and finding a Valentine's card in the garage that he never gave me from last year gave me ammunition to rib him right back.
|Family day at the dunes!|