Saturday, March 28, 2015

Some of My Favorite Things

Hi friends! Hope you are having a great Saturday and (if you are just finishing up your spring break like we are) a great spring break as well! Since my Hubs is a teacher we get the privilege of having him home for a whole week in the midst of one of the busiest seasons of our whole year. It has been so good to get some good family time and one-on-one time as well! Anyway, all that to say, blogging has not been in the forefront of my mind this week! BUT I did want to throw out some of my recent favorite things (because who doesn't love talking about their favorite things!?!) just for fun!

Some of my current faves...

Listening To: Green River Ordinance, they are some of my go-to tunes and I just love them. I love that they are a little bit folksy but keep it down-to-earth with a little bit of country meets light rock. I don't know...I'm not really a musical person and don't know how to describe what I'm thinking. All I know is, if you need some good background music, you should check them out!

(Re)Watching: Royal Pains, a clever-quipping show about a doctor who loses his job and becomes an on-call doctor to the rich socialites of the Hamptons. This show isn't exceptionally deep but it makes me smile, and if I just need something fun and light at the end of a long day this is my current go-to. (Watch it on USA or Netflix)

Reading: Jesus Outside the Lines by Scott Sauls. This is turning out to be a very thought-provoking read. I find myself chewing on it throughout the day (which I consider an attribute of a good book). Scott puts into writing some of the things I've thought over the years about how we sometimes try to keep our picture too neat and tidy as Christians, and how, perhaps, Jesus would do things differently. Only on chapter 3, but so far it is really good!


Cooking: THESE granola bars from sugardishme. Wow. WOW. They are so good I cannot even tell you. And they are a filling snack that makes me feel far less guilty for eating them. Not to mention they are beyond easy to make, healthier than most store-bought kinds, and are made with probably-already-in-your-pantry ingredients. Triple win!

New Habit: Since the weather has turned really nice my family has been trying to get out for a walk every day. That's been great. Also, I have committed to eating no fast-food for the whole month of April. I don't eat a ton anyway, but I need to get back to some healthier habits I've been letting fall by the wayside, and this is one of them!

So that is all I have time for today, but I would love to hear some of your faves AND if anybody has an absolute favorite lip-stain, I am on the search for the perfect one so let me know what you wear! ;) Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!