Anyway, all that to say, there's really no time like the present, right? Even if by "present" I mean that I have been up since four this morning, just put my crying toddler to bed, and am currently sitting in my own bed dreaming of the possibility of three hours of uninterrupted sleep (while continuously reinserting a pacifier into my little guy's mouth desperately hoping that he will decide sleep is as important to him as it is to me). Sooooo, I can't really make any promises to you about this post being meaningful or impacting your life in some significant way. You might just want to skip it and go check your facebook feed again. I'm sure you could find something more exciting to read or watch there. But if you insist on continuing in your endeavor to read this in its entirety (whether because you have a need to complete what you start no matter the cost or because you have some sort of need to cause yourself pain) I will leave you with a few blessings from my last few months.
Simple Things I am Thankful For this Summer...
- The sweet smile my one-month-old little boy gives when he is sleeping peacefully in my arms.
- The belly laughs my toddler lets out when I tickle-attack her unexpectedly, and the way she sometimes just wants me to hold her and snuggle.
- The sense of humor my husband brings to those moments when I feel exhausted, overwhelmed, and just can't find the joy...he helps me find it.
- The thoughts of future moments to be celebrated and shared with my parents, sister, and in-laws as they have all decided to relocate to our area.
- The smell of freshly mowed lawns, the feel of a breeze tousling my hair, and those mornings that are cool enough to go for a walk or head to the park.
- The time I have been able to have doing "summer things" with my family. Swimming, swinging, eating ice cream, and playing together...this is the stuff summer is made of.
- The calm, sweet demeanor of my baby boy and the funny, feisty attitude of my sweet girl. Each of them is unique and I love their differences already.
- A husband who wants to spend time with me and the kids. I am blessed to have such a man.
- A house! I am so excited to be buying our first house...less than a week until we sign papers!
- God's grace...it has been busy and exhausting learning how to be a mama of two under two. I love it, but many days have been ended with God as an afterthought instead of the center. I love His gentleness and grace with me, and I love that He is showing me how He wants to be in the middle of the adventure with me and my family. Here's to learning what that looks like. :)