The hubs and I are headed to "the city" (and by the city I mean a city of 210,000...which is significantly larger than our town of 14,000 but teeny-tiny by city standards) later this afternoon. It is about an hour drive from here and most of the time we listen to music, zone out, I read a magazine...you know, really use the time to connect as a couple. Ha. But I got to thinking, what if I came up with a list of questions that I could pepper the hubs with on the way to the city!? (If he were reading this right now he would most definitely be cringing in mock agony.)
These are the questions that will get the ball rolling...at least that is the plan. *Smiles.* I thought I would share in case anybody else wanted to jump on the connecting-through-questions bandwagon with me. The great thing about asking questions is that you don't need anything other than your mouth and ears. Also, if you really listen to your spouse as they share, you might actually learn something! It is amazing how many times I think I know something about my husband, only to find out that, in fact, I did not. In the ebb and flow of life, we don't often take time to "study" our mates. This is an opportunity to do just that...whether it is in the car, on the couch, or over a cup of coffee. So without further ado...here are some questions to connect!
1. If you were any superhero, which superhero would you choose and why?
2. What is one of your favorite memories of us...the one that first pops into your mind?
3. If you could change jobs and had no fear of failure, what would you want to do?
4. What is one of the biggest challenges you have faced this year?
5. If I could do one thing to make your day easier on a regular basis, what would it be?
6. If we could up and go anywhere right now, where would you want to go?
7. What is one thing you really like about your life right now?
8. If our life was a book, what would you title it?
9. What is something you are currently learning from or about God?
10. What is your favorite Disney movie?
12. If you had a free day and $100, what would you want to do?
13. What is one thing on your Bucket List that you'd love to do someday?
14. If you had to pick one, would you rather have six cats or six dogs?
15. What is your absolute favorite kind of cake (or favorite dessert)?
16. How do you feel most loved?
17. What other couple do you look up to and want our marriage to emulate in some fashion?
18. What would you say our biggest strengths are as a couple?
19. If you had a different first and middle name, what would you wantthem to be?
20. What are you most thankful for?